Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Secret Prompts

Anyone need a writing prompt or two to get the creative juices flowing? How about a lil' something to spice up your character?

I won a book from one of my fav bloggers, Jenners, called The Secret Lives Of Men and Women, compiled by Frank Warren. People anonymously sent in postcards, notes, etc to Frank with a secret they wanted to get off their chest. He compiled them into this book for the world to see. It's funny, sad, touching, and a perfect bathroom read.

As I was looking through it I started to think about the people who sent in these secrets. What type of person would keep this secret? What is the back story? What has happened since they let sent it in?

I actually came up with a new character based off one of the secrets, that will probably never be fully revealed during my story, but adds depth to my character.

Head on over to our NoMoS BlogFrog community discussion- Secret Prompts - to check out some of the secrets posted if you're looking for a writing or character prompt.

Feel free to post, either here or in the blog frog, or on your blog or continue to keep it a secret, with what you write.
blog comments powered by Disqus