Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Introductions and a Book Idea

Seasons Greetings!  I think I am long over due for an introduction, as the newbie.  Hello!  I'm Kate, or more commonly known as Busted Kate on my blog or through Twitter.  Thanks for including me, this really is a fantastic idea for a contributor-based blog. 

My blog is based (mostly) on infertility.  I call it a humor blog, but there are those Hallmark/after-school moments in there too.  You can check it out here if you're interested.  Even though I've only been blogging for a short period of time, I think I would consider myself a life-long writter.  As a child I wrote short stories and poetry.  In high school I was the editor of the "Features" section.  In college I wrote other kids term papers... just kidding! 

As a manager for a non-profit healthcare company, I do a lot of writing today... but it's mostly policies and procedures, memos, and position papers.  Important yes, but fun?  Not so much.  I started my blog to have a creative output, and now that I've gotten back into the habit of writing for myself again I'm finding the ideas are beginning to flow easier. 

One book that I have always dreamed of writing is the true-life story of my grandfather.  I actually wrote a post about him and brief retelling of his story on my blog (here).  It is such a compelling story, I almost feel neglectful in not having put it down on paper sooner.  So that story is definitely at the top of my list.

However, I do believe the assignment was to come up with a novel idea (what a novel idea! ha!... oh enough booing from the peanut gallery).  That I think I will have to ponder a little more, clearly my creative juices have not clearly out the cobwebs completely.

I look forward to learning from you all, and using your modivation to challenge my writing even further.  Again, many thanks for the inclusion, and happy holidays!  Kate
blog comments powered by Disqus